Friday, January 15, 2010

Go See 39 Steps

Last night was "39 Steps" and it was fabulous. The show is based on the film by Alfred Hitchcock and it was hysterical. The play is a murder mystery and is done with three actors and one actress. They all play multiple parts and the cast just really got into it. Making each character they played different from every other character they had to play. If you have the time it is a show worth seeing.
Today I went to the National Art Gallery. It is a huge place and we only made it to one out of three floors and we had spent at least two hours there. I saw Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" and some really great French Impressionism. They had a few of Renoir's dancers too. Nothing is as thrilling as seeing paintings that you have only heard about in art class up close. What is nice about going with a group of friends is that we had no one to check in with. There was no teacher hurrying us along or parent telling us it was time to go. We were able to just walk along at our own pace, sit down and chat if we wanted to (and trust me we wanted to and did just that). There is something gratifying in being able to go and check out a museum with my group of friends.
Ok yes I do have the capability to do this back home. I do live in D.C. home to the Smithsonian. But I think I figured out the difference between there and here. When I started at AU I knew that I had four years to do all those museums and see all those sites. Here in England though, I don't have four years I only have four months. So I am trying to make the most of my time here.
This weekend I am visiting my grandparents and so it is off to the countryside. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment