Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Billy Elliot

Hi Everyone,
So I went to see "Billy Elliot" It was a good show, but I didn't come out singing any songs and I really don't feel the need to go out and buy the CD. The story was a good one and I enjoyed it overall, but the songs well....they just didn't really do it for me.

Usually I am singing the songs in the car (just ask the poor people who have to sit next to me while I do it) and this time, nothing. I am finding it hard to get over the fact that the story-line was better then the music. Usually the songs are what string together the story. In this case I was kind of wanting to get back to the story.

Maybe there is more to musicals then music. Who would have thought?

Anyway getting that ticket was a story in itself.

So I had checked the day before to see if there were half price tickets at TKTS in Leicester Square and I had also checked a few weeks before that, and there were tickets. So making sure that I got to TKTS before it opened at ten, I woke up at eight fifteen and headed out the door to brave the line.

I get there at 9:40 and there was already a line. But I thought to myself, nothing to worry about. I'll get a ticket. And then realizing I hadn't checked the board before I got in line, I asked the couple behind me if they would save my spot. They kindly agreed and I ran over to the board. And guess what I saw! Not Billy Elliot. Like everything but Billy Elliot.

I knew that the matinee didn't start until 2:30 so I ran over to another ticket agency and I stood in line there. And got the very last matinee ticket they had and paid a bundle in service fees. I then went back to my room and ate lunch before I went to the show.

So was Billy Elliot worth it.....debatable. I kind of really wanted to fall in love with it and I didn't. But it was still good. But I said that already.

Sorry if this was a boring post, but I just wanted to get my thoughts out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment